Owing to the issues surrounding the spread of the COVID-19 virus, we have had to cancel this conference. We are currently working on rescheduling it for a later date, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions.
On 23–27 March 2020 the Collective Biography of Archaeology in the Pacific (CBAP) Australian Research Council Laureate Project, led by Professor Matthew Spriggs, will be hosting the Histories of Archaeology conference at The Australian National University in Canberra, airing new ideas on the history of archaeology worldwide.
The conference concludes the CBAP Project and launches the CBAP linked international museum exhibitions under the title of Uncovering Pacific Pasts: Histories of Archaeology in Oceania, which will take place at approximately 40 museums and cultural institutions worldwide.
Themes for the conference include:
- History of archaeology, archaeological theory and method
- Objects and archives
- History of archaeology through collections research
- History of archaeology in the Pacific and Australia
- Women in archaeology and the archaeology of gender
- Indigenous agency and individuals in the history of archaeology
»Learn more about the conference